Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all I’m new to this forum so you might have to be patient but I’m looking for a hx30 someone might sell. I also have a genuine good condition H2c that I could trade for hx30 or sell separately let me know! Text works better 651 500 2584
Wood Hardwood Flooring Gas Electric blue
Wood Hardwood Flooring Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is one of the best additions I have done to my 4bt . They work great . I have a nice H1C if anyone is in need .
Thanks for the reassurance! I’ve been reading and they seem like the best single turbo setup, my problem is I keep getting people trying to scam me on selling one

·
Registered
12,409 Posts
Don't know how much you're willing to spend but most source the HX30W from China. Those are genuine Holset units but way cheaper than buying the same one down at the local Cummins store. You can get the 44mm version for around $600 delivered. That is for the turbo only. You'll need the air outlet elbow parts and some type of exhaust pipe. The 46mm Super HX30W will cost a bit more because it will also need a special oil feed line. Both those turbos are import only and were not used on US engines. The one used on the P pump 4bt was a 42mm which is a very good unit. A used one probably won't be a lot cheaper than a new 44mm. I may have one of those in my spares but not sure.

·
Vendor
2,697 Posts
One of our Mods/turbo whiz checked comp maps and stated the HE221 would outperform the HX30W. The bad, need a T25 ex man(or adapter). Holland/Iveco part #504066618 are perfect and square port with no egr chit. 4.5 Cummins have the right size but are the qsb isb round port. The HX27W is good turbo also but same issue with manifold. I havent ran the super 30 so dont know. I do have an HX32W(HX30W turbine side, HX35W compressor side) good for 450hp but havent got a chance to run it yet. I like the 221s and they were on the 4.5s. As a single its great, as for compounds, the 30/32 has a larger dia shaft and is probably more suited.

Holset HX32W HE300WG 7cm 450bhp+ capable quick spool turbo. HX30W HY35W hybrid | eBay Turbo
CUMMINS QSB4.5 EXHAUST MANIFOLD | eBay Ex man round

I am not familiar with this seller and personally only purchase South Carolina or Huddersfield built turbos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts