Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here n new to the diesel world besides owning a duramax previously.. I have a 83 solid axle swapped s10 and running a 4d34t, and I'm located in Wisconsin. Its cold as EF out here, what is there for warming up the motor to help with cold starts??? Block heater? Fuel heater??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
you may have to adapt from some thing else some Japanese fire truck engines had a unit in the bottom hose that plugged to power and heated water failing that some Perkins Nissans used a air intake heater

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hey Dillzilla, I've got a heater that sticks with a magnet to the oil pan on my Ram, Unfortunately it's been on there for years, no earthly where I got it, but most likely a local auto parts store. It's 120V just like a block heater, works fine. I just crawled under to try and get a name and number but nothing visible.

Maybe do an internet search for 'Magnetic oil pan heater' or similar? I dimly recall it was only like $29.95 or so, but around 9 years ago.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,
I have a 4d31 mitsu engine, looking to drop it into my 63 Willys truck. Having issues finding an adapter to hook up a tranny.
I think the 4d34 is a similar newer version of the 4d31, any ideas? Or parts sources? I don't care what tranny I use at this point. I prefer a manual but anything will do. Not adapting to the Willys stuff, going 2wd also. I'm wide open to ideas! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts