Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what others know about "What would warp a good manual transmission bell housing, brand new , on a Heavy Duty Comercial truck,

Fork was broken as well. Clutch damaged, dent in clutch housing.

Upon inspection and repair, found bell housing would not align new clutch rods with new fork.

Puzzeled here in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
how new is "new"...right of the lot?

asking because iv'e seen/heard of new trucks being dropped or running of ramps as they came off the train...sometimes to the point of a write-off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
aluminum, cast iron, or plate steel?

ive seen big block ford trucks torque crack the aluminum ones..

but ive never heard of a cast, or steel housing twist or warp
from driveline torque.
for that matter a cast one will crack too before it distorts.

my guess is some sort of external damage , mfg flaw or clutch explosion. like suggested before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Curious what others know about "What would warp a good manual transmission bell housing, brand new , on a Heavy Duty Comercial truck,

Fork was broken as well. Clutch damaged, dent in clutch housing.

Upon inspection and repair, found bell housing would not align new clutch rods with new fork.

Puzzeled here in Dallas.
That transmission bell is really a pain in the ass if you're gonna ask me. I've also experienced that scenario when I was about to watch the basketball game of Dallas Mavericks Last Feb. While I was on my way, I had found out that my clutch wasn't working because it is not aligned with the transmission anymore. Good thing there are lots of good Dallas auto repair shops for Chevy there. You better find an auto repair shop that can help you there. Since the alignment is the problem there are shops that could help you return the alignment.

·
Registered
751 Posts
big fat trannies hanging unsupported.

some one lifting or dropping a truck hard like mentioned above.

im sure that over loading and truck pulls are hard on them aswell..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Someone couldn't get the input to line up with the clutch, so they tried to use the bolts to pull it together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts