Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
201 Posts
You're completely missing the entire point of the discussion.

W/M injection is for adding power and increasing mpg. The only reason there is even any water in the mixture is to supress the methanol so it doesn't detonate before the diesel is injected to ignite it.
If cooler EGTs is your goal, get a bigger intercooler or put an a/w intercooler stage before your a/a intercooler.

W/M injection on [email protected] engines is completely different in function and has no relation to its use in diesels.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
actual using wmi

I may be missing something here - Is anyone here using wmi setup or just planning on going that way? Sound like water injection will work just fine or larger injectors??

·
Registered
598 Posts
i plan on hooking up a kit before the end of may

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Ive got a snow stage 3 in my truck right now. the controller is wired in and all I got left is to mount the pump and reservoir.

·
Registered
598 Posts
whats the difference between the stage 3 and the stage two, cause i was looking at the stage 2

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I think the stage 3 monitors boost and egt's whereas the stage 2 only monitors boost.

·
Registered
598 Posts
oh ok so it sprays when egt's walk hand in hand, i think i only really need it for power, what did you pay for a stage 3 kit

·
Registered
598 Posts
ya i think i'll just save myself a bit of money and go with a stage two kit. my egts only ever go high when i stand on it, since i don't plan on towing really. if my egt's are climbing fast my boost is probably already high enough to have it kick in. i talked to a friend of mine at jb's he is going to have a stage 2 kit for me on monday

·
Registered
49 Posts
im sure it was already covered, but here is a place that sells methanol in 1 litre, 5 gallon, and 55 gallon quantaties. shipping is a little expensive but otherwise not too bad. i ordered some methanol up from them for another project. top notch quality, shipped in a very safe 5 gallon bucket. i think there were 3 or 4 seals holding the cap on. sent right to my doorstep. no hassle at all.

www.dudadiesel.com

^ i highly recomend them. decent customer service too over the phone

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 500 hp 6.2/6.5 turbo thing made by diesel depot, and today I bought the AEM hd water injection kit. It is supposed to be here tomorrow, and if so I will put it in my truck. I will have to report on it as time goes on. I am to be working in arizona this summer so it should be a good test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Methanol was added to lower the freezing point, though it was found that the mixture could make more power than water alone. At least in a 6.65/1 compression supercharged petrol engine.

enginehistory.org/Frank WalkerWeb1.pdf has a bit about the development of water injection.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I dont think most gassers aluminum heads will rust...lol just sayin
even the iron-headed ones have been using chemical treatments to avoid problems with ethanol blends in gasoline...

41 - 60 of 94 Posts