Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well here the question i have for you guys how much more does a 4bt weight more than small block ford v8 because i want to 4bt in a 1964 ford fairlane and make it daily driver .which leads to the next question what tranny to use ? it doen't matter to want kind of tranny i use.this car is a $ 600 4 door with good bones and fair amount fo friberglass and bodo :D . any help throw my way will be great and happy hoildays guys + gals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
a SBF (302) weighs something like 500-550. 4bt is a little over 700 dry. Start planning chassis mods.

2 recent threads on transmissions:

"which manual transmission"

"lets talk transmissions"

Copy those into the search and read away. bounce

·
Registered
30 Posts
Weight Difference

I'm working on a 4BT into a 1971 Bronco. I actually had the 289 mounted on the frame when I decided to swap to a 4bt. Frame with 289 weighs 2098 The frame with a 4BT weighs 2370 for a difference of 272 pounds. The engine, adapter, and bell housing are the only differences. Hope this helps.

James

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for info guys. what i was thinking a 700r4 but is there a ford trannny i could use with OD. 700r4 / th400 have the bellhousing and flex plate combo ?
As for chassis upgrades i think big block front spring and subframe connecter is the fix for that .thank for the help :beer: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts