Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think all of the members of this forum are in the same boat. And it's sinking.
Were just not right!
We all have 3 things in common:
1) We were dropped repeatedly on our heads as infants.
2) We like the Cummins 4bt.
3) More of #1.

All of the above lead us to beating our heads against the wall and sometimes a 4bt or two.

Why do we do it?

If our time is worth $1 an hour our trucks are worth the price of a new dually.

Wouldn't it be easier to come home from work at night and sit in the recliner in front of the tv than working in the garage on what she calls, "That Junk!"

Does everyones wife complain about, "That dirt from the garage!"?
Isn't there dirt in the yard too?

How often do you hear, "Your NOT painting tonight?"

If you have a 3 car garage should there be room for 1 running car in it?

Do you take junk stuff to the swap meets that you specifically bought for your project? That was the same stuff that was just what you wanted before.

Do your "2 month projects" take 2 years (or more) to finish?

Why do I never have time to work on the things that are broken in the house but have time to work "just a little" in the garage most nights.

I'm a sick man!
The problem with that is I love it!

She wants to know how we're dividing our belongings.
Promises, promises!
As long as I get to keep the 4bt project.

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,654 Posts
Yea I know, my wife calls my Scout a POS, can you beleive that? After all the hard work I've put into it, no respect. Maybe I should take a short leave of absence on working on her Willys!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Haha I don't know if i was dropped on my head, but I did fall down many sets of stairs in my day, and I had an obsession with banging my head on walls as a toddler.

I don't believe that we're not right... Everybody else is just wrong...

·
Registered
126 Posts
My my plan is to keep my wife and friends off balance. Most swear I'm a half a bubble off plumb. 31 Ford coupe street rod, caddy powered 53 Studebaker drag car, 47 Dodge cab over car hauler, 68 big block Camaro project, 53 Stude 2 seater sports car project, 67 Ranchero 390-4spd, plus my wifes mustang convert, my Dodge pick up and a old motor home, and last but not least a 59 Willys wagon 4BT project that is getting all the attention now. Good god maybe my wife and friends are right. Oh well to old to change now. I agree, I think everybody else is different.

·
Registered
808 Posts
My my plan is to keep my wife and friends off balance. Most swear I'm a half a bubble off plumb. 31 Ford coupe street rod, caddy powered 53 Studebaker drag car, 47 Dodge cab over car hauler, 68 big block Camaro project, 53 Stude 2 seater sports car project, 67 Ranchero 390-4spd, plus my wifes mustang convert, my Dodge pick up and a old motor home, and last but not least a 59 Willys wagon 4BT project that is getting all the attention now. Good god maybe my wife and friends are right. Oh well to old to change now. I agree, I think everybody else is different.
Just keep grinning, make them all wonder what your up to ha ha

Paul

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well on the flip side

4BT(A) + trans+ fab work+ whatever else = cheaper than therapy!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think she'll come home tonight?
I've been gone for 2 days. I wonder when she left?
I think I'll go to bed early so I get a good nights sleep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts