Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna find a truck that came with the T-19 so i dont have to buy adapters and stuff for my drivetrain in my CJ.. any help would be great!!

·
Administrator
4,171 Posts
The SRW 3/4 Ton chassis used by "Hostess" were the most common ones in my area. They came in both the Chevrolet and Ford Chassis. The one I have came from an 89 Chevy van.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ford E-350

I have some Ford parts for sale on Ebay not bringing crap. If you would like to email me, I can point them out. I have a bread van T19 and a Scout T19 with a Dana 20. Originally I was going to put the Dana 20 on the back of the Ford T19, but decided I needed an overdrive and I bought an NV4500 and a NP205 t-case out of a First gen Cummins truck. I am still realing from the sting of the price of the NV4500. Amazingly I think the T19 is probably just as strong and more reliable. The problem is that it is a 4 speed with no overdrive. My van was an 86. I know where another van is for sale if you go to Craigslist in Boise you will find a van with a 4bt. I sold it to a guy that lives about 30 miles away and he decided to just buy a Dodge Cummins and ditch the swap. I know it is a good van with the parts you seek.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If a 4bt falls in your lap

I got the adapters and stuff for a T 19. Came in a 76 Van with 40,000 miles on the block.
Shipping from B.c. might be an issue. Unless you have some relatives that live out this way and drive a transport truck.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an NP435 that I need to get rid of. It would bolt right in place of a T-19 plus, has a granny gear.
i have a t-18 already... granny first as well.. its in my CJ with an adapter to the dana 300.. so if i swap in a 4bt i only need the engine, adapter and bellhousing, not the trans.. thanks though

·
Registered
854 Posts
so if i swap in a 4bt i only need the engine, adapter and bellhousing, not the trans.
Chances are you will buy an engine like I bought mine: with the adapter, bell and trans all attached. I just unbolted the NP435 that came with the engine and bolted it right up to the NP435 already in the truck. It made for an easy swap.

Buying the pieces individually REALLY add up fast, best to find an engine and trans combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts