Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Steve do you have any more info on that compressor, it is smaller and has different ports than the one I have off a mid 90's 6BT that has this annoying set of fitting on it that are Dodge specific. Those look like standard screw on fittings, any idea what it's off of or a part number? Cheers, Andre

· Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Steve was just taking a look at your pics again, I love that series of photos, such great work especially the hydraulic clutch master mod and the speed limit sign :D :beer:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/364...rides/cars&track_action=/MediaInfo/AlbumTitle

Anyway, did you ever find a common part number and/or length for that belt you are using? Also looks like it is working well with that design, is the alternator (or anything else) slipping with that belt routing? Here I was thinking that I was all creative with my belt routing when you have had yours the same for years.. I will need a slightly shorter one than yours as I'm reusing the Chevy alternator but same basic principle..

:beer:

· Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Here is the one I have, notice the fittings (or lack of - the holes) at the rear. There is a single fitting with hoses that plumbs into this port.. So, something closer to yours or the one you posted is more along the line of the ticket I was thinking..

Cheers Steve,
I'll see if I can dig up a good photo and/or part number somewhere..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...08&ih=008&category=20924&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

· Premium Member
2,218 Posts
I just realized I was slightly confused because of the two repowers with slightly different belt setups. Anyway, here is the one with the Dodge factory setup.. Interesting as well.. I imagine the same compressor for both models? When I am ready to order I imagine that Sanden number will probably work fine. Thanks again.. A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.