Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the posts on the mid mount motor mount thread I am planning to build motor mounts similar to Driverswanted's. It looks like a nice setup. I would like to build the A/C mount into the motor mount like he did. Belt spacing will be an issue I am sure. It would be nice if this could be slightly adjustable to get perfect belt alignment.The stock 4bt water outlet doesn't work with A/C right? I saw 2 on flea-bay from Dodge setups. They have the A/C mounts built in. Can the lower section be cut off and used for this aplication? If I bought one of these Dodge water outlets it may help me locate the exact location of the a/c mount in relation to the motor mount holes.

Driverwanted, Is there a small spacer behind the rear part of the drivers side motor mount. The freeze plug sticks out slightly past the mounting surface on my block. I see the drivers side mount on your pattern photo covers the front of this freeze plug. It wouldn't pull up tight on my block with the freeze plug there. I could trim that freeze plug to flush and solve the problem or add a washer shim to the back of the bracket.

I am hoping to hear from [email protected] before making the isolator section of the mount. I would like to see his Ford motor mount setup also. Are there photos? What is the application and PN of the mounts?

Is the only A/C compressor that will work only available from the 5.9 Cummins?
Is there any other A/C compressor that bolts on like the 5.9 Cummins?
Is this the same compressor that Dodge runs on their gas motors?
On flea-bay it appears that the Blazer/Astro van compressor is similar and it is 1/2 the price new. I don't know if the line outlet would work on it though.
The Sanden compressors that we use on street rods have arms for brackets and pivots (similar to the old v belt alternator mounts). There is no through bolt bracketry on those. I would rather not have adjustability on the compressor for belt tension. I want the tensoner to do it's thing. I don't know what GM, Ford or the imports are using either. Any sugestions? If I buy a new one it probably doesn't matter which I use. If I could find a nice salvage yard part that could save some $$. Used 5.9 parts are not available here.

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What kind of lower radiator hoses is everyone using? Does the Dodge fit?

The more I learn the more I realize I need to learn. You guys are way ahead of me! My problem is I'm not just repowering. I'm building the whole truck.

I spent the evening tonight working on the bed and painting the turbo, air to intake tube, and inside of the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.