Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been addressed already I apologies. I just got my bread truck home Wednesday Its a 1988 ford, and I am wondering what kind of bell housing this thing has IE. ford, Chevy, or dodge. The top bolts measure 5 1/2 inches which best to my recollection is to small to be a ford or Chevy. I am trying to mate this things to jeep wrangler ax15. Any thought on that may help Thanks for your input and have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wish I had that much room to work with for my swap! For your transmission, I think there are 2 good options. The best would be to use an NV4500 for strength, but I can understand not going that route because of cost & weight. You won't need as much strength as I do, because your vehicle is lighter and I doubt you will be towing 5000+ lb. trailers. I think to use the AX-15, you could use a Dodge Dakota bellhousing and Dodge adapter plate to make everything bolt right up. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I'm sure others have tried it and could answer better.

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The nv4500 is defiantly for the future. However about 1 month ago I had this ax-15 rebuilt and that was $800 so I would like to at least use is for a while. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts