Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a Chevrolet P30 Grumman Olson 22'
It has a Chevy 350ci V8, automatic 3-speed transmission in it.

What i want to know is:
- What diesel engine would you recommend?
- Is there a new engine out there? How much it costs?
- Where and who can do the swap engine job?
- What else would you advise me to swap?
- What transmission can i swap for the 3-speed auto?
- Is everythnig going to work out ok or will i get into trouble?

Please i need your honest advise.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I would advise you to save a ton of money and buy a van that already has a Cummins 4BT. You can find them for around $3k...a fraction of what you'll spend converting a gas van.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
check in junkyards for wrecked f250s or trucks like those vw cabovers, they can be good engine sources either for the cummins 4bt or mwm ones... about the transmission: mechanics from bus companies can give you better advice about different transmissions to swap...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
check in junkyards for wrecked f250s or trucks like those vw cabovers, they can be good engine sources either for the cummins 4bt or mwm ones... about the transmission: mechanics from bus companies can give you better advice about different transmissions to swap...

US guys remember their in brazil which has standard issue F250's with 4BT's from the factory............lucky SOB's

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
US guys remember their in brazil which has standard issue F250's with 4BT's from the factory............lucky SOB's
for this reason i recommended him to search for either a diesel f250 (either the 4bt-powered or the mwm-powered versions) or vw cabover trucks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts