Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have located a 1994 Mitusibishi box truck with about 50k miles. The frame is badly rusted so it will sell pretty cheap. What kind of motors were used in these? It has an auto transmission behind it. I thought they may have the Isuzu variant of the 4bt?? The truck is located about 250 miles from me so it isn't a simple matter of just poping the hood and checking it out.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was kinda wondering the same thing.

It appears most of the FUSO trucks have a 4 cylinder turbodiesel that makes about 135 hp. I'm pretty sure it's around 3.9 liters, so I'd guess it'd be very similar to the Isuzu.

Not sure about the bellhousing or transmission options. It would sure be nice if it was an SAE pattern.

EDIT: By the way, new to the site. Great info here!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi thais buck,,,, if they are turbood,,, u hope they are theee 4d34 T or TL thats turaboedddd and aftercaooled in the TL model,,, or the 6d34 t /tl,, the impoartanat stuff is lengtah is 865 mm,,,,widddgh is 666,,,,, heiaght iss 774 and wieght is 739 for t and tl is 794 lbs,, and boreee and straoke is 104X115 f ora both 4d34, and 6d34 madiang them pretty mucha fu firtst cousisns to our favaoritest 4/6bt, and 4bd, 6bd1t at 3.9 238cubes,, 5.8 358 cubess,,, lengthhh1166,,,,, width 670,,,, heighthhhh 901 and wiegth at 1036 lbsfor the T and 1058 for the TL divide the mm by 25.4 to get inchesss,,, and every liter is pretty mucah 61 cubic inchesss,as i recallll, all the miatsubishi fuso were preatyy solid enginesss,,, i doant remembaer andy real stifck out rotten apples,i do remeeber some wierd ridiang traucks froam tiny tharee wheelers not much biggerrrr thean scooters with doors,, to some mosnter 5,,,,and 9 wheel traucks, theire cabs pitched funny because on that one wheel in froant make theem ride funny, likke a huge motorcycle fornk in the middle front,,,, dotn know if they still use three whell trucks or not,,, buck

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have located a 1994 Mitusibishi box truck with about 50k miles. The frame is badly rusted so it will sell pretty cheap. What kind of motors were used in these? It has an auto transmission behind it. I thought they may have the Isuzu variant of the 4bt?? The truck is located about 250 miles from me so it isn't a simple matter of just poping the hood and checking it out.
Thanks
Although I have never done a conversion with this engine, I have heard from several good sources that a Chrysler auto will bolt to the back of a Mitsubishi diesel.I have seen this in a late 70's factory Dodge diesel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was offered a Mitubishi motor on friday. It's also out of a box truck with a tilt cab. The motor looks like it's maybe a 3.3 liter, from the labels. It is turbo'd but not intercooled. It's also got a manual, five speed behind it.

Hmmm, you guys are starting to give me ideas. bounce This cannot be good. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Good find.I think these trucks were mostly powered by 3.9 liter engines.You need to find out if the 5 speed is overdrive or 5th direct,(like most Isuzus).
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts