Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what intercooler are ya'll using in your swaps that will fit an 04-08 F150. The stock dodge intercooler I pulled from a 1994 Ram looks to me like it won't fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I haven't made it that far in my swap. The intake will be about the last thing I do. I kind of was looking at those dodge ones because the pipes come off the bottom so you can run the pipes under the radiator but I never pulled a tape measure on one. I assume they are to wide for the frame rails?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it looks like it will probably be too wide. Intake will be about the last thing I do as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Powerstroke is too wide also. Right now I am looking at the Isuzu NPR ones. It looks like they will fit and can run the tubes under the radiator.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It looks like the NPRs will be tough to fit also. My latest idea is to put a Mishimoto MMINT-UG in with the inlet and outlet on the top come out with 90s then angle the inlet and outlet pipes so that they go in between the frame rail. So basically have the wide part up top and angle the in/out pipes back down between the frame rails and go under the radiator.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Besides factory inits(cheaper), there are lots of ones made to dimensions, just have to find the right one.

If using pipes out the top, must consider I'cooler collection oil over the years, with no knowledge or ability to drain.

Ed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you find anything better?

Oil shouldn't be an issue since many intercoolers come in and out the side with a large volume below the pipes. However I could weld a little drain plug fitting on the bottom.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I am going to use one of the cheap CX racing V mount coolers part # IC0053. I don't like the pressure drop across it but it is a decent size that will fit. If I ever get the truck going I may come back to put compounds on it and will rework the intercooler piping and cooler itself if necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts