Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two Isuzu NPR trucks for sale. One has only the engine and the guy said it just quit working so they pulled the transmission. The other one runs but needs a fused link to start. They were use in a vending business so they were ran hard every day in Atlanta traffic(close to California rush hour). What would be some things to look out with these engines besides the oil and visual condition? I was thinking around 400-1000 price range but I do not want to over pay or get laugh at. The two trucks are 1991 models. I looked for some 91s on Google and did not find any to price compare. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, As cheap as they will accept :) I think your numbers sound fine for a start. Dont want to toss a bunch of money out at first. Plus you may be doing a rebuild so you will need $ for that . Good luck and let us know how it comes out , Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went and looked at the trucks today. The one with only the engine that quit working has a locked up turbo and has the head removed. The one that runs was a stolen recovery and needs the switch rewired to crank. The thieves smashed the ignition and took something out. When you turn the switch on there is no power to the cab and the truck will not start. A family member jumped it off by running a wire to the starter and plugged it in some where. The guy could not show me where and I was not able to start the engine. Is there a module in between the ignition and batteries? I 'am still trying to talk him down in price and if he bits I would like to get the truck out of there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts