Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Deutz F5l912 that I am using at high altitude. The engine could use more air and I would like to add a turbo from a Deutz 913 to help it a bit. I don't want to run more than 7 or 8 PSI max, just a bit to compensate for the altitude. If I add the turbo from a 913 6 cylinder what boost should I expect at max throttle/load. Should use a smaller turbo? What is boos in the stock 913 turbo engines? Can't find spec any of this and hoping someone would know. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would expect 10-15 psi as a normal boost range at sea level. What sort of altitude are you at? Like anything with turbos its a balance. A smaller turbo would spool faster, but may run outside it's efficiency range to create the boost/volume needed due to the low ambient air density. It would probably be a good idea to use something like the Borg Warner match bot to approximate your ambient and engine conditions to see what compressor/turbine combination would work efficiently for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would expect 10-15 psi as a normal boost range at sea level. What sort of altitude are you at? Like anything with turbos its a balance. A smaller turbo would spool faster, but may run outside it's efficiency range to create the boost/volume needed due to the low ambient air density. It would probably be a good idea to use something like the Borg Warner match bot to approximate your ambient and engine conditions to see what compressor/turbine combination would work efficiently for you.
I am running the engine at around 9,000 feet of elevation. I will play around with the match bot to see what it says. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts