Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Dodge '98 12-Valve, there is a (I'm guessin') 1/8" pipe plug on top of the of the oil filter header, adjacent to the turbocharger pressure-oil feed line.

I'm hoping that the port it blocks is a handy-dandy pressure oil line, but it could conceivably be an access to the OP relief valve.

Eddie

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thats the oil feed for you 2nd turbo.:dustin: simply an oil port. on my 6bt there are several 1/8 npt oil pressure ports on the other side of the block aswell, can't remember whats on my 4bt but will be surprised if there are none.

Gaza

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks...

...I'm going to plumb in a bypass oil filter, and there is a dandy place to mount the unit (which is over a foot in length) on the rad core support.

Short supply hose from the oil filter header, short return hose as well, as I will simply install a boss on the front gear cover when I pull it off in a couple of weeks...seems somebody created a leaker when he replaced the front seal as preventive maintenance measure a couple months ago...:nuke:

Eddie

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bypass filter

I am also going to put a bypass filter on mine, it isn't as large as yours. I am going to mount mine just above the front gearcase oil filler, also used for the accesory vacuum pump. I am removing the oil filler tube (I will fill via the filler in my valve cover) my return will be a through the oil filler blanking plate I will put a bulkhead fitting in the centre of it and centre punch the thread to make sure it doesn't back off. That way if I decide to take bypas filter off I can either replace the blanking cap or put original oil filler tube back in and its all back to standard without having any holes in gear case. BTW make sure you do your KDP while you have gear case off ........

Gaza

1 - 4 of 4 Posts