Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO Guys I'm not even sure I can describe this well enough for anyone to answer my question.
... But I've bee eye balling a little Diesel Garden tractor for about 5 years .
... It's some kind of foreign made tractor. It red & white. Yap I'm lost of help . But it does have tractor type rear tires . Maybe about 20'' or 24''. It has a rear tine tiller mounted on the rear of the tractor . It'd look to be 4 ft wide. I do know it's been well used because That old man has been farming his garden fo many years .. I've been driving by for at least 25 years . & Every summer he has produce out on the Hy-Way for sale. Not sure how long this this little tractor has been setting there for sure but a while .
.... Is there some little Diesel motor that could be swapped into these kind of small tractors .. I guess I'm asking do they all use kind if the same adapter from motors to bell housings.. I expect the answer will be no but . I just ask.
Thanks .

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to look for a Yanmar compact tractor. I'm not sure the current status but a few years ago used ones were being imported from Japan/Asia.
My little brother has one and they are nice 4WD Diesel tractors. Biggest common issue is front wheel bearings since they were used in the rice fields.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a distance .. That's what that tractor looks like . THANKS .
i'M JUST LIKE A 16 tear old Boy. One day I'm chasing the RED headed tractor &Yesterday I was after the black duck in the new season. ANOTHER words I'm all over the place. Next year I plan to grow up at 72.

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
Papitt, there are probably as many of those smaller diesel tractors as there are brands. Big companies like John Deere, IHC/Case, and Kubota have them and probably a dozen of companies like Yanmar. Many of the engines are small 3 cylinders. I have a Case/Ingersol lawn tractor and they even came out with one in the early '90's with a 3 cylinder perkins. They were nice but didn't sell very well. $10.000 was a heck of price for a lawn tractor back in those days. My '85 model has the gas engine and cost a little less than half that.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I believe you've nailed it. I think it's the Yanmar . THAT picture sure looks like what i'm seeing in you picture..
... SO ARE THE FRONT WHEEL BEARING ASSEMBLES available .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts