Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

thinking of ditching my cummins aftercooler in exchange for one out front. How big do I need, or should I get as big as I can fit?

thanks,

A

·
Isuzu reliability tester
3,001 Posts
Definately one of those go big or go home moments. Fit the biggest you can. I like my 2005 style dodge 2500 style intercooler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definately one of those go big or go home moments. Fit the biggest you can. I like my 2005 style dodge 2500 style intercooler
easiest way is to get a chinese on from ebay. there are prob 100 sizes to pick from with different inlets and outlets etc......

$140 from china haha

how i did mine, but its only a little isuzu with limited space...

Attachments

·
Isuzu reliability tester
3,001 Posts
easiest way is to get a chinese on from ebay. there are prob 100 sizes to pick from with different inlets and outlets etc......

$140 from china haha

how i did mine, but its only a little isuzu with limited space...
True just make sure they are rated for at least 30 psi preferably at least 40. Alot of the cheapys on ebay are not rated very high, but there are plenty that are just make sure.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
BANKS lol , why in the heck would you call them to buy a 1K intercooler that's not going to fit no better than a stock dodge or Ford I/C . He doesn't need the cfm that the bigger aftermarket cools .

Scott

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed! I kinda like figuring it out how and why instead of just getting the answer

BANKS lol , why in the heck would you call them to buy a 1K intercooler that's not going to fit no better than a stock dodge or Ford I/C . He doesn't need the cfm that the bigger aftermarket cools .

Scott

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the Advantage of the Stock P30 intercooler Vs one out of a Dodge or anything else? Price?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
The P 30 is smaller and will fit behind the grill and the inlet and out let is @ the top.

Your going to need inlet & outlet in the middle or at the top.

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts