Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Ontario diesel vehicles are emission tested, they just under go a visual inspection.
What would I have to do to get my vehicle re-registered as a diesel? Or what do I do in regards to emissions?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ok, I'm in the US Ohio more specifically. I've called and asked the local authorities about this, and never even got so much as a call back, I even went to their website and e-mailed a few times. Would the title station be able to answer my question, or would I get the run-around again?

Pantherman

·
Registered
238 Posts
Keep your receipts. you will get audited. They test it as a normal diesel vehicle, and the government will ask to see the receipts to prove it's a diesel.

-Scotty

·
Registered
384 Posts
Of all the cars I've ever had (5+) even ones out of state, no one's ever tested them for anything more than making sure the engine turns over and the horn works.

Pantherman

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep your receipts. you will get audited. They test it as a normal diesel vehicle, and the government will ask to see the receipts to prove it's a diesel.

-Scotty
Audited? That word just freaks me out a bit.
Have anymore details.

·
Registered
238 Posts
it's a fancy way of saying 'question the legitness of the e-test'. They just want proof that it was a diesel engine they tested.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmm. I'd've thought the big plume of black smoke from the tail pipe and the rattle from under the hood would've tip them off. But that's the govm't for ya.

·
Registered
720 Posts
some states will not allow you to replace an engine unless the replacement is same year/newer than the vehicle.

so you cant go backwards on emission controls.

my 4b is a 95 vintage.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here in WV, we're pretty lucky. We don't have emissions testing and when I asked the guys at the local DMV office about it, they said that as long as you didn't do anything to increase the payload capacity, they don't care. Some times I love this state.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gas to diesel

Here in the Vancouver area of BC I believe that the only time the subject comes up is when you go to get the emissions tested if you tell them the vehicle is diesel they change the checkbox on their computer to indicate that the vehicle is diesel instead of gas. You can change the fuel code on your registration just by telling an Autoplan (DMV) agent when you renew your insurance. At least that is what I believe. Cheers Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts