Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im helping a buddy of mine with his build, he recently decided he would like to put a cummins 4 cyl turbo diesel in his Jeep LJ. but he told me a friend of his told him the motor doesnt have alot of RPMs. maybe 2ooo/22oo. he asked me if i could find out from other people who have done swaps with this motor what you guys do to bring up the RPMs on this motor, as in performance mods, or if he should just put his big block back in it. he will be turning 44" boggers, on Dyna Trac 60 Axles. i dont think hes looking for crazy RPMs, but i know hes loves the skinny pedal, and he wants to fly around the mud hole. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

photos of the motor:

the LJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks..anymore input would be nice to..how about turbo mods and such for these things?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you're looking for crazy, rooster-tail-shooting mud action, I think you're better off with the bigblock. IMO, these motors are better suited to crawling or trail running rigs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats kinda what i figured. im trying to talk him back into the big block, i believe its a 494, and i think hes got a blower for it..

thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts