Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new here and have alot of questions. first my truck 90 chevy crew cab 4x4, 373 gears 33x12.5x16 tires th400 trans blown up 6.5 non turbo with low milage on motor(someone droped air cleaner stud down intake before I bought it). What I have for a motor is a 89 5.9 out of a passenger bus with a 545 allison attached to it I also have a 4bt with a chevy bellhousing adapter on it. Is the adapter the same 4bt to 6bt?
I would rather use allison but dont want to go to divorced t-case and 8 foot front shaft. is A flex plate available to mate to a th400 (the 4bt is a stick)I think it would be much easier to use what is in the truck.the 4bt is in a chevy chassis now, might the motor mounts work? any info would be great. thank you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did you read the FAQ? There's a lot of answers to common questions in there. As far as your setup - you can use the 4BT adapter on the 6BT block. There's a lot of stuff that's interchangeable.

D

·
0 Posts
4bt's came backed by TH400 transmissions in P30 vans, so your best bet is to locate one of those adapter plates, flex plate, and "waffel ring" that adapts the converter to the flex plate. The diesel transmission is different than the gas transmission, so I would suggest finding the whole setup with a 2wd transmission and convert that transmission to 4x4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts