Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.. SO I HAVE A 1988 Gas Dodge D250 & 727 weak, I NEED A driver side door for it. & I have a 1989 D250 Diesel truck & 727 .. This one is the very 1st truck sold at the Lampasas Tx dealership . It runs great .But there is nothing on it that's not bent double . I bought it after the old man passed away, from his sons.
It'd never had a Gooseneck hitch in it. But the old man was an old GERMAN Farmer. He used it to feed his cows on the farm after it was no longer the daily driver . & the older he got he hit every tree in his pasture .
It runs great & BUT If it wasn't bent it's been stripped from the inside..
I gave $600.00 bucks for it . & I found about $75.00 in silver coins in it when WE TRIED TO CLEAN IT OUT. . Their just as rough as the truck . SOME WERE EVEN UNDER THE CARPET.
... So what year front fenders & doors do I need for these trucks . I'M THINKING 86 UP TO 92 OR 93.
.I'VE FOUND A 1987 DODGE Ram Charger .. But I believe I can get the entire SUV. FOR About 200. Won't the bucket seats & center console from the Ram Charger fit in the pickup.. & Wouldn't that RAM C. Most likely have had the overdrive trans in it. & It has a nice tilt wheel. & it's driver side door & front fender are even the same color as my 88..
... If anyone answers . I may have a few more questions .
... Thanks Guys .

·
Registered
444 Posts
The 87 RC front fenders and doors will work. The bucket seats and center console will work. You may have to drill to secure the seat pedestals to floor. The A518 overdrive transmission didn't debut until 1990.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I guess it's not an A518 ... I reread that options report I got from a dealer friend .. I Had to get my magnifying glass to read that report . I thought it's said overdrive . But it didn't. SO That really better as it'll be the same as my 88 truck .
.. What do you think about the Tilt steering column from the RC into the D250
... & ANY WAY THE RC RADIO will fit into thr truck . I think the truck is small .

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still having several people tell me the doors from the 81 will fit but just have different shapes inside.
I think this is wrong what do you say. I thought the older doors had a different curve around the corners .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts