Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was tying to find the complete dash on the net to buy.
What does the internet call the complete dash.
My Dodge is a 1999 D2500 I don't want the dash cap . I was a complete replacement dash . We changed the entire thing while I worked at Dodge. bUT That was 11 years ago & I can't find the complete dash today.
If any of you guys know a good place for me to find one let me know . I'm about to go in & replace my Heater core & I'm going to going to also replace my AC evaporator core Both at the same time . & Now I'm wanting to do my dash also as it's busted BAD. & It also already has a dash cap on it .
SO What the proper name to find it ...& WHERE can I find the cheapest one.
.. Does anyone know what's the basic Shop time to do all these replacements . i'm thinking about 8 to 10 hours.
& While I'm in here is there anything else I need to replace.
THANKS .

·
Registered
140 Posts
OK I was tying to find the complete dash on the net to buy.
What does the internet call the complete dash.
My Dodge is a 1999 D2500 I don't want the dash cap . I was a complete replacement dash . We changed the entire thing while I worked at Dodge. bUT That was 11 years ago & I can't find the complete dash today.
If any of you guys know a good place for me to find one let me know . I'm about to go in & replace my Heater core & I'm going to going to also replace my AC evaporator core Both at the same time . & Now I'm wanting to do my dash also as it's busted BAD. & It also already has a dash cap on it .
SO What the proper name to find it ...& WHERE can I find the cheapest one.
.. Does anyone know what's the basic Shop time to do all these replacements . i'm thinking about 8 to 10 hours.
& While I'm in here is there anything else I need to replace.
THANKS .
Instrument Cluster?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO That wasn't it . That got me the cluster with all the gauges.
I'm looking for the the plastic that goes completely across from side to side. & Not just the cap.
I've got the cap on it now .THE ca[ covers up all the cracks .

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Do you mean the outer part of the dash that you can physically touch and has the interior color, or do you mean the sub framework? Here is a link to the outer part on ebay. I called it a dash pad in my search.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Papitt has a 1999 Dodge

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think it would be called something like a 1998 - 2002 Dodge Ram replacement dash top. I did a little googling and found this at Geno's Garage.

$259.95 + $40 for shipping

This site has reviews and installation instructions. This is a reproduction part - Installation appears to be a bit of a pain-in-the-ass, some filling and trimming required. Replacement mounting clips - $2.29, instrument bezels - $209.00 and AC vents are all sold separately

Hope this helps...
Russ

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Moxiecat ... Not a problem ..yes Mine is a 1999 or 2000. I never remember which.
& RUSS I believe that's what is provided nowAdays. Back when I worked at Chrysler they provided the frame work along with the dashes we got.
But today I went by &visited with one of the techs I worked with while we were both at Chrysler. He said they'd changed the dashes & was letting the tech put in lots of screws to hold the dash pad onto the frame work.
AT LEAST THE ONE YOU FOUND WAS NOT $600.00

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Pappit,
I know exactly what you are talking about. Everyone is thinking the top dash cover which shatters just looking at it or the bezel.

I am restoring Dodge Ram 2500 CTD and doing a full dash restoration. The core of the dash is a flimsy light gauge steel frame with an ABS plastic molding which provides the rigidity. Everything screws/attach to this assembly. However after 20 years the plastic is very brittle. From what everyone says on Dodge forums that this item is no longer available. I am having good luck reinforcing with gluing new ABS plastic strips. The ‘glue’ is new ABS plastic chips dissolved in Acetone.

Have you tried searching with ‘car-part.com’?

Bob G.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Car parts .com was where i started ...But i've NOT CALLED THEM. I have bought from the several times .

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked them on their web sight 1st. But I've got their phone number & I believe I need to call & ask.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
am having good luck reinforcing with gluing new ABS plastic strips. The ‘glue’ is new ABS plastic chips dissolved in Acetone.
MEK works even better than acetone, and airsoft BBs are easier than making your own ABS chips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts