Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on here for years under the name "52wrench" but haven't posted for a couple years. I did some work on my truck that I've had on the road for a few years and thought I would share it on here. I go to login under my old name and I request a new password, it tells me my my email is not recognized??? I've only been using it for about a decade. Sent an email to the mod, nothing. Finally give up and register under a new name with the same email I used with my old name, WTF??

·
Registered
10,916 Posts
That's a bit strange. If you search your old name, you find your posts. Shows you joined in 2007 and last activity was in 2016. What has happened in recent time is a change in security passwords which was not exactly the most popular occurrence. Not sure what that was all for since the vast majority of us don't keep any personal data on the site. Might contact BobS and see if you could get your old site name back. It's still on here because I just looked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, all my old posts are still there. Who is Bob S and how do I contact him? I already sent an email to the moderators, no response. Some of the websites I use are becoming such a PITA to use I don't bother anymore.

·
Registered
10,916 Posts
If you look at the top of the page you'll see Quick Links. Open that and in the list is View Forum Leaders. Bob's the first one on the list.

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts
Yeah, all my old posts are still there. Who is Bob S and how do I contact him? I already sent an email to the moderators, no response. Some of the websites I use are becoming such a PITA to use I don't bother anymore.
I sent you that reply where I changed your password and gave you the new password that ends in the punctuation mark which is a period. We were all forced to change our passwords early this year because the site owners changed the website software to where it was now required. That is why you were told your password was invalid. PM me what you want your new password to be. IT MUST CONTAIN UPPER CASE LETTERS, LOWER CASE LETTERS, A NUMBER, AND A PUNCTUATION CHARACTER if I recall correctly and be at least 8 characters long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I responded to your private msg yesterday telling you I tried it three times and it still does not work. I just tried it three times again and it does not recognize my old screen name of 52wrench with the new password.

·
Administrator
4,159 Posts
Thread moved for the site owners to take a look at the problem. The method I employed has worked many times in the past. Maybe something has changed that I am not aware of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, makes no difference. I want to sign in with my old username, "52wrench". It won't let me, even with a new password that someone there sent me. Ready to give up, I just don't need this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts