Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what happened to all the Detroit owners and projects? This Detroit section very quiet.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I still log on now and again but I've stopped asking questions as nothing's ever answered... I guess facebook is to blame. Still there's a good archive here

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still log on now and again but I've stopped asking questions as nothing's ever answered... I guess facebook is to blame. Still there's a good archive here
Hmm, something I never even considered was facebook, I was thinking that guys just moved on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my 4-53T in '37 GMC w/ RR and Brownie up and running just fine.

Ed
That's great, I'm in the process of making a crank adapter to mate my 4-53T to a Ford 5R110. Really looking forward to getting this done so I can finally daily drive it. I'm picking up a wrecked ZF6 in case I don't like it with the auto. You have any video's of your 4-53T?

Harling

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still trying to get my 4-53T/ K30 project off the ground. I'm having problems finding a runner engine that isn't junk.
That would be a great truck with a 4-53T, where are you looking for your engine? There used to be lots around here a few years ago, but they are getting harder to find.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm still around as well. Was having login issues a while back so I just lurked in the shadows for a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Still here with a bunch of Detroit engines. Just don't have time to work on them right now. Bought a 68 Pete with a natural 8V71 that ran and drove. Got it home and was driving it to get the leaking front seal fixed and it just died. I took it to my mechanic and he said the crank broke. I am fed up with all my dang Detroit engines.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still here with a bunch of Detroit engines. Just don't have time to work on them right now. Bought a 68 Pete with a natural 8V71 that ran and drove. Got it home and was driving it to get the leaking front seal fixed and it just died. I took it to my mechanic and he said the crank broke. I am fed up with all my dang Detroit engines.
Did you check the blower drive shaft? Mechanics ain't always right.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear that, the 8V71 is a great engine.:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kind of died off when photo bucket went down every body lost there pics you see it on a few sites that way
Ya I lost most of my pictures as well, but am now using the 4bt picture uploading. There's no way I'm giving photobuckets any money after the stunt they pulled and stopped using their sight after that. Too bad really as there used to be a lot of builds going. Did you get rid of your Detroit 4-53T?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is running on six cylinders for sure. The crank mush have broken off behind the first two. It does not sound happy that is for sure. I found a 8V71T in a low mileage fire truck that was literally given to me. I have got to go get it. (Not really an issue since I own a towing company) Then decide if I want to rebuild it or just throw it in there and see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts