Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Chevy military M1008/K30.
62 Posts
I'm still trying to get my 4-53T/ K30 project off the ground. I'm having problems finding a runner engine that isn't junk.
That would be a great truck with a 4-53T, where are you looking for your engine? There used to be lots around here a few years ago, but they are getting harder to find.
I'm sorry I didn't see you're reply. I have been, and still am looking for a silver 4-53T. It's difficult trying to get information from Ebay sellers because most of them don't even know what they have.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just bought my first Detroit. It's a Silver Series 3-53T. I have plans to put it into an old 50's half-ton pickup truck.
You'll love it, perfect size for a 1/2 ton. I put a 4-53T into a 2009 F350 and its pretty nice power wise. Have fun and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
That's great, I'm in the process of making a crank adapter to mate my 4-53T to a Ford 5R110. Really looking forward to getting this done so I can finally daily drive it. I'm picking up a wrecked ZF6 in case I don't like it with the auto. You have any video's of your 4-53T?

Harling
No video’s, sorry

·
Registered
147 Posts
took better than a year to rehab my 85 gmc brig tractor 6-71n 10 speed 4.30 rear all factory have original build stickers engine plate says 230 hp. still run it moving cars and boats get's 10 mpg if rig is under 30k over that it drops like a rock heavy boats,over 30k-58k your are lucky to get 5-6. Everybody always asks me why I still run old iron ? well It just keeps on going and has good brakes, way better than a pickup I put in a recon set of n65 and reran the rack and it runs the same as always. I think this will outlast me

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
took better than a year to rehab my 85 gmc brig tractor 6-71n 10 speed 4.30 rear all factory have original build stickers engine plate says 230 hp. still run it moving cars and boats get's 10 mpg if rig is under 30k over that it drops like a rock heavy boats,over 30k-58k your are lucky to get 5-6. Everybody always asks me why I still run old iron ? well It just keeps on going and has good brakes, way better than a pickup I put in a recon set of n65 and reran the rack and it runs the same as always. I think this will outlast me
Very nice indeed, I have a 6V71 in my shop and planning on putting in a truck in the near future. Was rebuilt in 1995 and never used.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm still around. I finally got around to replacing my injectors in my 4-53T with some new in their boxes from DD 9g90s. The GMC is finally running again after 5 years of sitting. I also still have my 8V53N and a 4-51 thats not running currently.

Reactions: A310

·
Registered
1978 F800 CrewCab Marmon Herrington
16 Posts
I rebuilt my 6V53 a year ago and adapted it to the Allison 2400 but am waiting until the rest of my hot rod Autocar is driveable to fire it up. Plumbing my 3 axle air ride as we speak!
Steve, can you give a quick run-thru on what it took to adapt the Allison? I've been considering the same but have no idea where to start.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just a little update on 6V53 Aussie LN8000 Louisville. Cab paint has been done but still haven't detailed under the hood yet.
Been busy replacing seals, brake lining and cans on the R170 Rockwell single drive axle.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey roKWiz, what trans is in the ford? are you still using it for work, or is it a toy?
Hi mate, transmission is a RT6610 (little 10 speed) single speed rear axle. Installing a steel tray top soon so I can carry granite from the quarry I lay.

Reactions: A310

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi mate, transmission is a RT6610 (little 10 speed) single speed rear axle. Installing a steel tray top soon so I can carry granite from the quarry I lay.
good that it can still work there are still a few of these fords working in my area, I have a friend that has one, a long frame ,was a crane truck from new, we changed it to a roll off. truck had a cummins 8.3 ,now has a cummins ism electronic engine all alum wheels 10 spd , there are also a couple of tri axle dumps with 8v92s running local quarry runs nice trucks, but getting hard to find body parts for them , mostly aftermarket door parts and windows

61 - 78 of 78 Posts