Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to build a S10 with a 4bt . I want to get a good idea of what a running 4bt 'should' go for. I know that these things are really hot with everyone from hot rods to rock crawlers. Any info will help me and probably anyone els with these questions.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It all depends. They can range from 3 or 4 hundred for a core engine that needs serious work to 3 or 4 thousand or even more for a wild and decked out p-pumped engine. The vast majority of what you will run across is solid running ve-pumped engines out of bread vans with under 100,000 miles on them for around 1500-2500. What specifically are you looking for?

I suggest you look on craigslist a lot and watch in the classifieds in this forum. There's routinely someone selling something on here and for the most part we are honest people not trying to rip someone else off. :)

As far as searching on craigslist- one cool thing that I have found is a site called searchtempest, used to be craigshelper. You can search for a cummins 4BT within, say 250 miles of your zip code and up pop all the relevant ads from the surrounding cities' craigslists. Saves a lot of time and trouble. that's how I found mine.

Good luck
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
There seems to be a very well built Dakota on ebay,and it has a short time for its listing,just bring it up "cummins 4bt",it looks good from pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts