Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the final stages and wiring up a 4bt swap.
I've got the horizontal oil filter mount.
Is there any place to connect and oil pressure sender?
I've searched(the forum) and it looks like the plug below the turbo oil line is the one, but it is blocked my my motor mounts. Do I have any other options?
I've checked the left side of the engine and couldn't finds any ports.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put my pressure pickup on the drivers side of the block in one of the ports below the fuel filter. Right below the push rod cover as Crewcab59 posted in the first pic below.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put my pressure pickup on the drivers side of the block in one of the ports below the fuel filter. Right below the push rod cover.
As far as I can tell my block doesn't have any ports on the drivers side.

the engine is already in so it is hard to tell, and maybe my engine mounts cover it up:confused:
From the lift pump back there are no ports on the side of the block.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Here is 3 places to put it.

1. The port under the push rod cover by the injection pump.
2. The port in middle of block ,can just see a small section of hose the the oil sender / pressure switch.
3.This port is on oil cooler under oil filter or on top depending what housing you have.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
The forward port on the driver's side on mine feeds the vacuum pump. There is room for a sender in the port aft (the one in the picture with the hose on it). Both are below the injection pump.

You should (?) also have a port right next to where the turbo oil feed line screws into the oil filter adapter. That is where my sender is.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
There are actually 2-3 ports on that drivers side designed to feed oil or take pressure from a number of places. They are all the same height and staggered in the indetation in the block. Typically fitted with factory brass stoppers with a square head. There are also two ports on the passenger side down low about the motor mount area, one of which typically feeds the oil pump on horizonal/chevy style oil filter mounts.. On the vertical filter mounts there is a port on the filter mount as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts