Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finished installing a 4BT in my wife's 77 Chevy 1/2 ton Pick-up. I used the Hyd. Mounts from a Frito-Lay truck. I installed a NP-435 Trans. The truck has 3.08 Gears in the back and I added 16" tires. I just finished installing the Stacks that I made from 4" Driveshaft tube (aluminum). My wife loves the truck. All I need to do now is work on the body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like it went pretty smooth. I'm doing a similar thing with an '83 half ton and have a few questions. What are you using for a fuel supply pump?
Were the P-30 engine mounts a direct bolt in or did you modify?
Did you use the clutch linkage from the '77 and was this a direct bolt in or need modification?
Looks like the hood clears fine, any issues with engine fit?
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lift pump is the Cummins pump used on the Rotary Pump. The motor mounts were a direct fit. All I did was remove the angle brackets for the gas mounts and bolt them in. The clutch linkage was a little tricky. The parts were old P-30 Stepvan parts. I think they might be available from GM. You might check the dealer and look them up for an '89 with a 4B engine.
Hope this helps
Chuck

·
Registered
43 Posts
that helps me lots, I am dropping into a 2wd 85 c-10. Later I will use my other motor to rebuild and drop into my 86 k-5. I am using the Th400 and hoping for around 20mpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
The angle GM mount pads won't work if you want to run A/C. I put my motor into an 84 C10 2wd chassis. If you look on the motor mount thread you can see what I came up with for mounts. If you are not going to run A/C I think the stock GM style mounts will be the easiest setup to use. I have tried to set the motor back as far as possible to try to get some of the motor weight transfered to the rear of the truck. This is going to develop into an exhaust to firewall problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
a friend set his back a good bit and ended up having to clearance his firewall on a 79 blazer. In my blazer I plan on setting it way back as well as mid mounting it. For the C-10 stock drop in is just fine with me.

Check out the 42 WC53 build up thread lee found a sweet bracket to relocate the compressor that should work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts