Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

WILLYS ALH swap in the woods

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MILLENNIUM FALCON 
#1 ·
Had a chance to play with the jeep on some back roads today.

#3 ·
I'm working on a skidpate design now. That one in your link says its for the alh but you would need the other main pan part too... The factory ALH pan is one piece. That steel pan needs to two piece setup. I am just going to make something that protects the whole underside of the engine. Thats a spring project.

#4 ·
I'm actually quite familiar with the ALH engine, having built a couple of them. The good news is that hybrid pan comes with both parts--I know because I installed one for a buddy of mine that allowed his stock oil pan to get intimate with a weird spot of pavement. It's not as good as a panzer plate but certainly protects against nuisance oil pan fractures. And it's easy on the pocketbook.
I think if I had it to do over again, I would've built an ALH to put into my TJ. The 4bt that's in it is nice, don't get me wrong, but the ALH is smaller, lighter, and revs higher.
That Willys looks like a lot of fun!

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.