Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping a 1st gen 6BT into a 1998 Chevy gas K2500.

What is the ideal location to pull 12v run/start power for the fuel solenoid on the VE injection pump?

I believe that’s the only wiring needed for the injection pump, correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
In my 97 tahoe swap I used the wire that went to the 350 distributor that has 12V when the key is in the on and start position.
I swapped chevy oil and water temp sensors in so that my factory gauges worked. I also used a gm crankshaft position sensor for the tach.You need 4 bumps on the vibration damper to trigger that sensor.
Good luck!

Reactions: LoCascio Inc.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
You just want to have a 12 volt source that is on when the ignition is on. The VE pump solenoid doesn't have a huge current draw like the P pump so a relay probably isn't necessary but won't hurt if you want to do that. Another option is convert to manual operation with a pull cable and forget the electrical.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had considered the manual shut off since everything else drivetrain-related is now converted to manual control. I decided though to repurpose the factory fuse and 12v wiring for the old ignition coil and should be good to go.

Next, I need to get this alternator tach sorted and I think I’ll finally have all the electrical finished.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts