Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the South, so air conditioning is a necessity. From what I have read, the AC system on the 2004-2008 era F150's is controlled by the PCM, specifically controlling the compressor clutch engagement. I've also read a post explaining that the Cylinder Head Temperature sensor will not allow AC functionality if it is not able to send a signal. Is this true for a 4.6L V8 F150? Someone who has done this swap (either 4bt or 6bt), what did you did to get your AC system working like factory?

My plan is to gently disconnect the Ford AC compressor from the engine before I pull the engine out, and I'll just leave the compressor/AC lines/ etc. in the engine bay so as not to lose any refrigerant. I'll have a custom bracket made to reattach the compressor to the new cummins engine.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
There are companies that may have a ac bracket already built. Not sure how you fool the PCM to think the cylinder head temp isn't a problem. Could you possibly install that sensor on the Cummins? Does it work on water or air temp? If it's water there are a couple place where you could put it. If it's air then maybe the intake plate on the Cummins. Need to know what temp range that thing wants to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts