Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
That low reverse is Awesome for backing heavy trailers up! Just let the clutch out and let it idle back. Becoming slow... No you just really complicated life with a transmission that has no syncros in it. Give it 3 months and you'll be much faster. A year and you'll be a pro (well mostly - I still have days..).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I've put 475 miles (765 km) on it so far. They were mostly short trips to make sure new R&P did not get to hot. According to temp gun I never exceeded 200f (93.3c). I checked it at bearing areas and rear cover. So it is time to do a visual on them and also check for evidence of metal shavings etc.
Here are somewhat blurry photo's of patterns.

The patterns looks ok, I wished they were just a tad bit deeper. I did not see any shavings on magnetic plug so that's good and the dinosaur oil was not discolored and smelled normal too. I am going to put synthetic 75/140 in. According to oil container it is compatible with limited slip setups so I shouldn't have to add L/S additive.

Some things I have noticed, there is a lot more trans noise in cab, I kinda of expected that because of straight cut gears. I wrapped some old bath towels around gear shift lever boot and it made it a lot more quiet, so I will do some modifications and add some more and different type of noise insulation around boot and trans tunnel.
So far I am really enjoying the conversion and it will be even better when I can multitask on the shifting.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts