Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading around here for the past few weeks I want to pull the 6.5 out of my Grand Wag and drop in a 4bt. And I don't even have 10K miles on the swap yet.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just sell that rig and start another - problem solved :)

(Or just buy my unfinished project so I can start another :))

·
Registered
187 Posts
After reading around here for the past few weeks I want to pull the 6.5 out of my Grand Wag and drop in a 4bt. And I don't even have 10K miles on the swap yet.
Hell yea! Join the madness!

Just sell that rig and start another - problem solved :)

(Or just buy my unfinished project so I can start another :))
No No No!

Just find a truck to throw it into...that's what I'll do next. Rip the bed off a compact p/u, tube-half the back and have at it on the trails :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
I pulled a 6.5T to replace with 6BT. I would rather have my balls pounded flat than have to drive the 6.5T again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking one of two options...

Find a mid-late 70's Cherokee Chief and swap in a 4bt/5sp and turn it into a trail rig, or start with an aftermarket frame and build a Scrambler with the 4bt/5sp combo.

Decisions, decisions...

I'll probably leave the Waggy intact as it is very nice as a daily driver. Low-20's mileage, leather, full power interior. Still, if that 6.5 spits its guts all over the pavement someday, something else will go in its place.

Now back to lurking...

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
I pulled a 6.5T to replace with 6BT. I would rather have my balls pounded flat than have to drive the 6.5T again.
Note to self: Scratch the 6.5T as an option to repower the P30 after I pull the 4BT.

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
Note to self: Scratch the 6.5T as an option to repower the P30 after I pull the 4BT.
The 6.5 NA P30's generally sell for more money than the gassers. Check the Truck Trader for more info. Also check you vin number as the 6.5 could be the original engine that was in your P30.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
The 6.5 NA P30's generally sell for more money than the gassers. Check the Truck Trader for more info. Also check you vin number as the 6.5 could be the original engine that was in your P30.
Mine originally had a I6 gasser..

I'm actually thinking now about keeping the thing. It's proven itself VERY handy to have around. Just wish it had the full-width rear doors.

Thinking about a 5.9 as a possible new powerplant.. Depends on what comes down the pike.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Same here though I don't think I ever wanted to cut on of my legs off with a dull bone saw and then enter a marathon with 150lbs straped to my back......which is what I think it would be with the 6.5 GM my Jeep GW

:grinpimp: JK I did think of that swap first before I knew about the power 4BT!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts