Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

You all are a bad influence on me...

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  COLOJEEPGUY2K 
#1 ·
After reading around here for the past few weeks I want to pull the 6.5 out of my Grand Wag and drop in a 4bt. And I don't even have 10K miles on the swap yet.

#6 ·
I pulled a 6.5T to replace with 6BT. I would rather have my balls pounded flat than have to drive the 6.5T again.

#8 ·
I'm thinking one of two options...

Find a mid-late 70's Cherokee Chief and swap in a 4bt/5sp and turn it into a trail rig, or start with an aftermarket frame and build a Scrambler with the 4bt/5sp combo.

Decisions, decisions...

I'll probably leave the Waggy intact as it is very nice as a daily driver. Low-20's mileage, leather, full power interior. Still, if that 6.5 spits its guts all over the pavement someday, something else will go in its place.

Now back to lurking...

#13 ·
Same here though I don't think I ever wanted to cut on of my legs off with a dull bone saw and then enter a marathon with 150lbs straped to my back......which is what I think it would be with the 6.5 GM my Jeep GW

:grinpimp: JK I did think of that swap first before I knew about the power 4BT!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.