Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, if you have the ford flywheel housing. I'm picking up one just like it this weekend.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are talking about he fly wheel houseing that bolts up the the 4bt right?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crusing Rpms

OK, another question is what will my crusing rpms be if i have 35 inch talls ZF 5 trans and 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone make a shifter kit for the zf5?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cory

Do you have a passenger side drop on your front pumpkin in the Scout? What are you going to do for a t-case behind the ZF that will clock to that side?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
What is a shifter kit? Short shifter?

An ingenius guy could put a Ford 205 input in a dodge 205 case with the 6 bolt pattern or redrill a chevy case.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cause the trans that i am thinking about getting doesn't come with a shifter. I am putting a dana 20 behind the zf 5 in my 1970 bronco.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do you put a Dana 20

behind a ZF?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah WHy?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Cause the trans that i am thinking about getting doesn't come with a shifter.
Carl Donica just used the stock shifter with a piece of flat bar welded to the bottom of it. Just drill two holes to bolt it to the trans shitfer and there you go.

Easy!

You could make a new shifter in any shape/length you want that way.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What is a shifter kit? Short shifter?

An ingenius guy could put a Ford 205 input in a dodge 205 case with the 6 bolt pattern or redrill a chevy case.

I believe you would have to install a Ford 205 input gear into the Chevy 205 to mate it to a ZF.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cause the trans that i am thinking about getting doesn't come with a shifter. I am putting a dana 20 behind the zf 5 in my 1970 bronco.
I have the same issue. I bought a ZF this weekend with transfer case and hydraulics for $350 but it is missing the shifter and the throw assembly that the stick attaches to.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks again for all the info. I will probably take the pan off the 700r4 and check the TV to see if it is hung up with trash or something. It's not bad and it's not slipping, it's just not right. Fuel mileage discussions are interesting due to the different ways people check their mileage. There is only one way I know of. That is to fill it all the way up to the top(let the foam settle a couple times until you see liquid high up in the filler neck). Then drive it till you've burned at least 1/2 tank. Refill to the same level and divide miles/gallons used. Some people will think "I have a 20gallon tank and when the needle pointed to 1/2 tank I had driven 300 miles so I'm getting 30MPG" Reality is that the guage is not always correct. Then there are people who will go out and drive 50mph while drafting a semi at close range for 100 miles downhill from the mountains with a tailwind and then check mileage....For me driving 1/3 city 2/3 highway my highway being 50% at 60mph and 50% at 70-75 I get 22mpg (3 tanks now). This is not bad and I'm fairly happy, but When I hear about a guy driving something like a fj55 landcruiser or a scout on 36" tires getting 28mpg it makes me feel like I should be getting better than 22....My main curiosity is will turning up the pump slightly make it more efficient? How about the pump timing? How about valve adjustment? I understand if you have a new durango you're going to burn less due to aerodynamics.
Thanks for all the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts